Calculate & raise the ROI of your human capital processes & projects
SMART ROI™ (formerly known as ROS) by Management & Excellence accurately calculates and raises the financial return on investment (ROI) of human capital, governance processes and projects within companies. This ROI includes all quantified upsides (improved profits) and downsides (risks). It makes your investments in these processes and projects transparent and helps them contribute more to your revenues and operating margins. Governance risk can be turned into profits.
SMART ROI™ is among the most sophisticated and proven methods and has thus far been applied in over 130 projects with a total investment volume of over $5 billion since its launch in 2007. Shortly after its launch, SMART ROI™ (formerly branded ROS) was featured in a multi-paged article in the Harvard Business Review Brasil.
Why Client Companies Use SMART ROI™
Client corporations use SMART ROI™ for one or more of the following reasons:
- Know which processes and projects are profitable
- Raise process / project ROI
- Assess project feasibility and define expense levels
- Decide to continue, expand, reduce or cancel projects
- Report results to executive management & investors
- Raise the ROI of an entire portfolio of projects and processes
SMART ROI™ Brief Application Examples
- ROI of Governance: Determining the financial returns of good governance. The SMART ROI™calculation covered returns from reduced litigation, improved efficiency, higher retail sales and increased investor demand for equity and bonds.
- ROI of corporate culture program: The corporate culture of a company in a post merger situation impacted a broad range of processes and generated financial returns from everything from client relations programs and R&D (raising revenues) to operating efficiency (margins).
- ROI of negotiation & sales training: Returns from training helped salespeople close more and larger deals within the first 4 weeks following the training course.
- ROI of IT: A new IT center helped integrate all systems of a large multinational, reducing the R&D to market time and thus raising sales as well as generating massive efficiency effects.
- ROI of CSR programs: Corporate social responsibility programs in the form of community support and sports sponsoring added significantly to sales volumes mid and long-term.
SMART ROI™ Application Areas
SMART ROI™ is applied to calculate and raise the ROI of virtually any process and project within a company, including:
- Corporate governance
- HR programs
- Client relations
- IT, Cyber security
- Public relations
- Innovation and R&D
- Strategic management
- Investor relations
- Health & Safety programs
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Brands and trademarks
- Corporate Restructurings
SMART ROI™ Service Components
- SMART ROI™ Financial ROI calculates the financial return on investment of each project and process over a predetermined timeframe
- SMART ROI™ Portfolio Management combines elements of classical portfolio management with the SMART ROI™ method and determines the ideal investment amount for each project/process within the portfolio. The results are lower costs and higher ROI, impacting your net income.